Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day. As we celebrate the cultural beginning of summer, we need to keep in mind the true reason for this national holiday... The sacrifices of men and women who have gone before us and who made the ultimate sacrifices for our freedom. I thank all of those who have served, and who are now serving. I thank their families for their great sacrifices as well. Without the support of their families, many of these young soldiers would not have been able to make it.

From my family to yours...Thank you to all and may God richly bless you for all you have given.



4 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Well said Teresa! Lots of my American friends have mentioned this today, and rightly so. We should be so grateful for all those men and women that serve, and for all those who have sadly lost their lives. Blessings.

SkippyMom said...

Neat pics! The kids look great.

We honor all those who serve, served and sacrificed and especially those we hold dear. Tomorrow we will visit my Dad and then my FIL - our heroes.

Happy Memorial Day military Momma :)

BB said...

What a beautiful post. My thoughts go out to the families of those who gave their lives for us. Too many too young.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to YOUR family for their service!