Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's (a wet) Hump Day!

We have had so much rain here lately that my yard has been suitable for ducks. It needs to be mowed (maybe a thrashing machine would be more appropriate!) but I don't think it's going to dry out anytime soon for it to be mowed. My poor yard man! He's going to have his work cut out for him, that's for sure.

I've got a whole bunch of nothing going on these days. Ron is good, I am good, life is good. Can't complain about a thing. LOL - that's a novel idea, isn't it? There for a while I found it hard to find anything good to write about. While I'm sure it wasn't always pleasant reading what I wrote, writing it did help me keep my sanity. I'm sure some would argue that I did lose it and I surely need "help" but, I would beg to differ. The writing was my therapy. Oh sure - I still get worried about things, I continue to worry about Ron (he's doing quite well right now), I still sometimes overly stress about things I shouldn't. But, that is the way things go and I probably always will. I'm like the kid who wants everyone to like him/her. I don't like to not know what I can do to make things better and I usually end up making things worse. So, I have to just learn to take things in stride and not worry over things (and people) that I very obviously can't change.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Atlanta for the Thirty-One Gifts National Convention. I had a blast! I was one of about 16,000 people there and just enjoyed the whole experience. I'd never been to anything like that before, so it was a very new experience. I did have a lot of balance problems (too much movement around me, poor lighting, etc.) but I had several ladies in my group who made sure that I didn't fall. I was so blessed.

Here are a couple of the pictures that were taken of me:



I let myself be in several other pictures but since they include other individuals, I didn't want to post them here without their permission.

3 comments:

Lois said...

No news is often good news!! Glad you and Ron are having a good summer!

joanne said...

such a great picture of you there on the bottom. You look really happy, healthy and having a good time YAY...you needed a break!

Southhamsdarling said...

It's so good to know that you and Ron are doing well at the moment. :) I saw from facebook how much you enjoyed that Conference. It must have been good to have a break like that, and you look wonderful in the photos. Love the pink! Hope the rain dries up soon. We are actually having a beautiful summer over here in Devon, England. The best summer we have had for years and years :)