Monday, August 2, 2010

Creatinine up; Potassium up

Not a good thing when you're planning on going home. Doc ordered an ultrasound of Ron's kidneys this afternoon and they conducted that while I was there this evening. The tech did say that she didn't see anything abnormal, so that is good.

But, no clue on why the creatinine and potassium are both up. Kidney failure is not on our list of things to do this week. Not at all...

Will see what tomorrow brings. They'll be doing more blood work to check his kidney function again.

4 comments:

skippymom said...

What are they feeding him in rehab that his potasium is elevated? Or is it coming from another place in the body.

The good thoughts and prayers are running through my head as I type this. He will be home for Amy's wedding. No worries. [I say it will be so. I have the power. :) ]

putibro: I would be purtibro is the doctors didn't stop screwing around. [hee - I actually like this made up word.]

Silver Strands said...

oh my HECK! What a roller-coaster! I continue to pray for you and yours.
oxoxo
Denalee

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I hope things will slow down and be "normal" for you soon.

Marla said...

I have been peeking in and praying. Glad it all turned out well. You are an inspiration, girlfriend. I mean that.