Monday, September 20, 2010

Oak Ridge Boys gift

I was very pleased to open my mailbox this afternoon to find an envelope from The Oak Ridge Boys. It contained Joe Bonsall's book, From My Perspective, and an inscription to us from him. "To Ron & Teresa Love & Blessings C U Next Time Joe Bonsall." I haven't read this book yet, so that's what I will be doing this evening. The envelope also contained their CD "The Gospel Collection," which has some really great songs on it. I especially like #2 - Did I Make a Difference. The words of that song are some that everyone should really listen to and apply them to their own lives. Very powerful lyrics...

Got a business card, too. LOL - I was hoping it was a "get in free" card. LOL - a girl can always dream, right?

Ron was really touched about the gift, and that Joe had taken the time to address it to us. Even if someone else did it in his name, it was still something more than just pulling a book and a CD off of a shelf and plopping it into the mail. There was thought in the selection.

Now... if I can just figure a way to get us to the Gaylord Opryland Resort for the December 21 concert... Hmmm...

(hehehehe!)

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Now you have made me love the Oak Ridge Boys even more [if that was possible]. What a sweetheart. Sending good thoughts that y'all can get there in Dec. Hugs!

Pat said...

What a nice gift! Enjoy!