Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More Weekend Stuff

I didn't get as much done as Amy did (she made something like 70 layouts; each 12 x 12 page is considered a layout). I wish I had taken some pictures of her stuff because they were really cute. Isaiah loves Star Wars stuff so a lot of pages were of things Star Wars related. They even went to the Star Wars concert last year and he loved it. They took a lot of pictures of the characters and she "scrapped" them.

These are the pages I did:

Top left: Isaiah and Keith
Top right: Amy and Rex
Bottom left: a series of pictures from our Catamaran tours
Bottom right: me, in the far left corner
Top left: underwater shot
Top right: Keith and Isaiah
Bottom left: Keith and Isaiah
Bottom right: Keith and I

Various underwater shots
 
Top left: playing on tube outside of Margaritaville
Remainder: various underwater shots
The girl I gave the baby journal book to loved it, so that was nice and made me glad I'd done it. I have another chipboard album that I'm going to cover for a little girl who will be three next month. She is about 95% deaf and wears hearing aids, but her parents are also teaching her sign language. I plan on taking pictures of various items and the sign for each and attaching them with Velcro to the pages of the book. That way, as she learns things her mom can switch them up and put in new things. That's the plan, anyway.

Since this weekend was the "tenth" Crop-a-Ganza event, they held a contest to see who could come up with the best layout for the event. The winner got a free seat for the next one (that's worth $100 for the weekend) so Amy decided she wanted to try and win. Her layout was really cute, but she didn't win. Bummer~

Here it is:


She did all the work herself and the logo in the middle is a representation of the logos on our shirts. I think she did an outstanding job. She won a little prize, but just not the big one.

We had some other fun over the weekend, too. This video show a small slice of the cutting up that 180+ women can do on a weekend getaway:



I have to say, I can't wait for the next one!

14 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Your pages are amazing. Come to my house please. I will set you up. :) and feed you. :)

I think Amy should've won. I love her quote!

Glad you had such a relaxing time and enjoyed your daughter for a few days. That's what it is all about.

Love you!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have been catching up ..... looks like you had lots of fun!

LBB said...

Looks like you had a great time! Your pages turned out so cute. Looks like a great trip!

Jimmy said...

Very Nice, it appears you had fun and the layouts were amazing.

BB said...

Great pics. So glad you had fun. I bet there were tons of amazing ideas there.

Jumble Mash said...

Awesome! Your pages look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You do great work!

Rae said...

I love your scrap-booking. It is really cute and creative. I used to scrap-book, but got away from it. I have so many things I would like to preserve I should get back into it. You have inspired me.

Whimsical Willow & Co. said...

I knew Amy got a lot done but I had no idea it was 70. That's crazy. Makes me feel not so good about what I got done - I think I got 13 or 14 pages. lol I did stamp a lot of Riley's on Sunday though - so that counts for something. Right? Next time I'll get more done.

labbie1 said...

Wonderful pages! I love scrapping. Enjoyed the views!

Donna B. said...

Your pages are GORGEOUS!! You are so very talented. I have been trying to learn Digital Scrapbooking. I have two girlfriends who are so talented, but so busy they have very little time to spare to teach...we have our scrappin-creative weekends...but I have yet to do anything too ambitious.

Teresa said...

you all are much too kind - but i thank you for the compliments! my pages are really not much better than average. you should have seen some of the things these ladies came up with. wow, wow, wow!

Libbie said...

Oh that looks like fun! :)

I LOVE your pages & I REALLY love the memories you made with your family! I look forward to the day we can afford vacations again! Oh wouldn't that be nice :) Looks like you all had a wonderful time & I am glad I got a peek!!!

caterpillar said...

Seems like you had a great time....nice....