Saturday, October 24, 2009

I could cry, but it wouldn't help

And, I get anxiety attacks when I can't breathe - and we all know that crying really does a number on your sinuses and breathing capability.

Ron's "holey foot" is definitely more holey. Our resident medical assistant says the skin was starting to close over the hole, but it wasn't healing inside. She cleaned it up yesterday and said it's very spongy inside. I tell ya, the man just can't catch a break. LOL - I guess that means I can't either.

We go to see our family doctor on Monday. He asked me this afternoon if I was going to get the doctor aside and tell her my Alzheimer fears. I said no, that I was going to address them straight on. He's not confused like he was last year, but he's definitely not thinking clearly. Giving out his financial information over the phone and then taking medications that he didn't remember taking have indicated even to him that there is a problem going on.

We truly just take one day at a time. We trust in God and believe in miracles. If God's answer for Ron is to take him from this world, then as much as I would hate it and miss him, I know that he would no longer be suffering like he is today. If God's answer is to heal him and restore his health - then I wish He'd get with the program and get it done!

Until then, we'll just keep on keepin' on. Keep those prayers coming.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Pat said...

We never know what God's plan are, so that's all we can do is put one foot in front of the other, and take one day at a time. Keep strong, keep the faith. I'll pray for you both.

How ironic - the word verification is:

welfasr!