Thursday, January 27, 2011

ANOTHER food post

But this one doesn't have a happy ending. I tried to set myself on fire tonight.

Not on purpose, but it happened and I am hurting.

I was fixing taco meat and when I picked up the pan with fluffy pot holders to drain the fat, one of the pot holders caught fire. I had my hand on a skillet with boiling hot hamburger grease in it and an on-fire pot holder trying to take off my fingers. Lucky for me, I have a really small space between the stove and the sink and I was able to get the pot to the sink and the fire put out.

I was already running hot water in the sink to wash down the residue I was draining off the hamburger, so I stuck the pot holders in the sink. Fortunately, I managed to keep from spilling the hamburger grease and hamburger down my legs.

Hand is not terrible burned but OUCH! it hurts!!!!!

I had Silvadene from when I dressed Ron's foot so I got some on there and wrapped up the fingers.

Typing is difficult.

4 comments:

BB said...

Good Lord Teresa! Those poor fingers of yours. Between cracked skin and now burning them, they must be screaming at you. I hope the pain subsides quickly for you. It could seriously have been a lot worse like your whole hand and/or your forearm. Aloe helps burns too. Aloe plants!

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh Teresa, poor you! That must have been so painful, but thank heavens = it could have been a whole lot worse. Hope the pain goes away soon and take care!

caterpillar said...

Oh God....it must have been quite bad...I hope you'll feel better soon

Marla said...

Holy Moly!! I am so glad you are ok. That Mexican food will get ya every time. :-)

Hope you are feeling better.