Sunday, January 9, 2011

Birthday {Near} Mishap

We hadn't planned on doing anything extra special yesterday because Ron said he didn't want a party. He didn't want to go out to eat or just really have any type of surprise. But, after everyone but Amy was here, he decided that he'd like to have something "sweet" - i.e., "please get me a birthday cake."

He had already asked Amy to bring him some (diet) Peach Fresca so she called to ask me where I had bought it. I asked her to go ahead and pick up a small cake and she managed to find one with non-dairy whipped topping for frosting. (I'll have to look up the potassium count on that...)

Here is the cake:


Amy wrote the words.

He didn't know that she had gotten a cake, so when I lit it and took it into him, he was surprised. We all sang Happy Birthday to him and I was going to take his picture with the cake.

Except...

When I leaned over to hand him the cake, Maisey jumped up into his lap to see if she could snag a bite, the cake started slipping and was going to land on Ron's lap, and when I went to stop the cake from becoming a permanent part of Ron's wardrobe, I burned my hand on the candle, which tipped over as the cake was sliding.

After letting out a not-so-nice word (I was in pain), I told him to just blow out the candle before I lost the whole cake on him.

There you have it... birthday near mishap.

Faith did end up getting a picture of the birthday boy with Isaiah.



Isaiah is such a "cheeser" when someone gets out a camera!

13 comments:

SkippyMom said...

They are so cute together. Happy Birthday Ron - we love you!

From the pond :D

PS - Glad you are okay Tee. Hugs.

caterpillar said...

Awwww....Isaiah looks so cute...I'm glad that things didn't get out of control...

BB said...

Hope the burn isn't too bad. This reminds me of something similar about my wedding cake. I'll write a blog about that someday. Glad you guys were able to surprise him. Love that. Great pic!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Really nice to see a photo of Ron with that cheeky little Isaiah! What a wonderful smile he has. Hope you all managed to get a slice of cake!

Pat said...

You took one for the team! Ouch! Hope it doesn't hurt too much!

Happy Birthday, Ron!

Humaira Anwar said...

cute =) happy birthday and now belated one.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Ouch!
But it was a cute cake.
And that is a cute little boy on Ron's lap:)

vaspillman said...

Owie! Sorry you were burned! It is a pretty cake! Maisey didn't mean it! Little stinker, just gets right in the middle of things...just like my boots does!
") Its nice that you all had an impromptu party for Ron, I bet he enjoyed it! Its nice to see Isaiah and grampa together...I know how sorely he is missed. I'm so glad you two got to spend some time with him! and the family, of course! ") Hope your burn heals up quick!

Marla said...

Cute photo! That was sweet that Ron wanted a cake. Sorry you got burned.

Kristen said...

Did you still scrape it up and eat it anyway? Awwwww - darn it all...

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Teresa - Haven't heard anything from you on your Blog for a few days, so just checking that you and Ron are okay. Missed you!

SkippyMom said...

And where are you - what is going on. Miss you. :)

Call, email....just do something...I am getting worried. Three days is a long time in this pond.

Donna B. said...

Isaiah is a little handsome man for sure!! Look at those eyes and that smile!!

So glad Ron got to taste some cake...good save by you T!!