Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome new friends and other randomness

I want to welcome my new friends to my blog! Thank you for joining me and I hope that you find what I have to say interesting at least part of the time! I welcome your comments and rest assured, I do read every one of them.

I have really only a few things in life that are important to me...
Faith, family, and friends. Possessions are just things to weigh you down. The memories they hold are often more valuable than the possession itself. With that in mind, I have been passing some things on to others in my family (and some to friends) that I hope will give them fond memories as well.

Some of my goals in life are to be kind to others, do the best that I can, and to provide joy to others in whatever way that I can. I think that I am relatively successful in these things. I try to not say things to others that I would not want said to me. I try to put the joy and happiness of others first (this is very hard sometimes and I don't succeed as often as I'd like). I don't always do the best that I can but this is an area that I'm aware of and I'm working on it. Most of the time, the person who gets less than the best is only myself. I do the best that I can for others. They deserve my best. I don't always feel that I do.

With sharing in mind, this box is going out today to someone in my address book. If it happens to show up at your house, you might want to unwrap it quickly. And carefully. The person* item inside might be needing some fresh air by then.



Just saying...


*Just kidding... there's not a "person" per se in there. Just don't tell him it that. He It thinks he it is real. No people things were harmed in the taping or shipping of this box.

7 comments:

BB said...

I just love your sense of humor. You're too funny!!

Whimsical Willow & Co. said...

Whoever gets this box needs to post what it is . . . my curiosity is peaked. :-)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

You are so funny one of the things I love about blogging is when I read a funny blog and it lifts my spirts.....and I do not mean my Southern Comfort or my Scotch..those I can lift on my own.......even when I have been lifting a fair bit of it I still manage to find my mouth....

Now I have forgot what the post was about.............ammmmmmmm what was I saying, oh yeah you have to give yourself the best of yourself if you want to have a long and happy life......and don't stress the little things it's not worth it.

Southhamsdarling said...

I couldn't have written that post better myself Teresa. Those are all things that matter to me, and how I try to live my life. I always pray "dear Lord, please help me to always put others before myself". Wishing you, Ron and your family a very blessed Easter. Oh! How exciting - I wonder what's in that box, and who will get it!!! I hope we get to know!

Pat said...

Great post! I agree...I hope the person who gets the box tells us what was in it!

caterpillar said...

Really looking forward to knowing what (or who) that box holds...:)

SkippyMom said...

You little sneaky.

I am onto you!

And he is breathing quite well.

Me, on the other hand, laughed so damn hard Wallene had to sit me down.

The letter is PRICELESS! :D [And I am so, so posting it.]

Love you! And thank you so, so much.