Thursday, October 13, 2011

The weekend starts

Right Now!!!

I worked enough overtime this week that I only need 5 hours of vacation time tomorrow, leaving the other 3 hours for some other time that I might need them.

Bright and early tomorrow, Ron and I will be packing up (well, I'll be doing the packing up) and hitting the road. We have an appointment at the chiropractor at 10:00 and I have to take Maisey to the boarder (our groomer keeps her for $8 per day - and she lives in the house with her and not in a kennel) before that. So, we have to be ready to hit the road by 9:00.

I'm looking forward to our weekend away. I think Ron is, too.

On a side note, we're meeting my best friends from childhood - Debbie and Herb. Debbie and I have been friends for a long time. Over 40 years (yikes! did I just write that?). In fact, her husband was my first serious boyfriend. We were all 14 at the time and went to the same church. Herb and I were an "item" at all the church functions (that was the only thing we were allowed to do) until we were 16. My dad decided that I could no longer go out with the church crowd, so he made me break up with Herb. That catalyst for that was he'd seen Herb's brother kiss his then-girlfriend (fiance - now wife of 40 years) in our driveway in - GASP! - broad daylight!!!! Oh my heavens - how scandalous that was.

We were still friends but didn't even have an official real date. Herb started dating Debbie during our junior year of high school and they got married the year after we graduated. They've been married for 36 years. My next serious boyfriend was Herb's best friend. It was kind of cool... Debbie and I were best friends; Herb and Bill were best friends.

That lasted another two years but since Bill and I went to different colleges, we didn't see each other too often and just drifted apart. Bill ended up marrying Debbie's sister. LOL...

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Have fun!!! Too funny. My now hubby was my now sister in law's (married to my brother)first love. She and I were friends, they broke up, I fell in love with him and she with my brother. I was 15 - we will be together this year 24 years!!

orchid0324 said...

Hi, Dearest Teresa.
I am happy that you'lll be able to have enjoyable time♡♡♡  Exciting to meet old friends,right!!!
Sounds like you had lovely young days, not like my boring one, LOL!

Blessing to you and Ron, xoxo Orchid*

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy every minute of your free time!!!

BB said...

Enjoy the time away and your good friends. Sounds exactly like what you both need right now! Hugs and love my friend.

not displayed said...

Have a wonderful weekend away.