Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blog Hopping

As I was sitting and watching Ron today (he had the shakes this morning) and in between fetching him food and water/tea, I was blog hopping. This is how I do it…

After I've looked at Isaiah's blog (Isaiah's Eyes) to see if anyone has left a comment there, I go to the top of my blog roll and look at all updates. I check to see if my niece has updated Aiden's blog or if my other niece has updated Micah's blog. I look at my friend Jamie's to see if she's had any updates. I briefly check in on the Wilson triplets (they are adorable), I check out The Meanest Mom (she's a trip; found her from the Wilson's page). I have a few scrapbook pages I visit and a couple of other places in addition to those. All of these I found from one link or another.

Then, I usually go to Pat's blog (A View from the Edge) and after I read her stuff, I usually go to Rae's blog (Weather Vane) because she's commented on Pat's, or I go to Kathy's (kathy's campground kapers) if she's left a comment and Rae hasn't. Or, I go to Kathy's first and Rae's second.

Once I leave their blogs, I go back to my blog roll and see who else has updated. I've recently found I Make Soap (that caught my eye because I used to make soaps and lotions) but I don't remember whose blog I was on. From her blog, I found Eva, a young lady struggling to live with "65 Roses" (Cystic Fibrosis). I also found Nancy, Life in the Second Half, from either Rae or Pat (can't remember) and today I found another new one, Kathy at Four Dog Day from Donna's blog (Discovering the Purpose of Our Lives). I couldn't tell you how I got to Donna's blog.

It's so nice to have new friends all over the place. Many of us are in the same age group and struggling with some of the same life issues. Some seem to be having more fun than others (ahem… Pat comes to mind) and everyone has something interesting to say. I don't even remember how I came to find Kathy or Pat or Rae. I read many more that I don't officially follow, but if I really think I won't be able to find it again, I either bookmark it or I follow it. I don't always leave comments, but when I do I try to make them personal and not just a "great post" type of response.

When I have more time, I go back to those blogs and read several entries. Once I do that, I'm usually hooked and I return again and again. I appreciate the time everyone takes to share their lives, their thoughts, and their pictures. Some of the pictures I see are of places I'll never visit and getting an opportunity to see pictures is really nice.

So – a big thanks to all of you who post, follow, or read my blog. Thank you to all who have their own blogs and share within the lines.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Thank you as well. I always enjoy your comments on my blog. I may not always comment here - sometimes I don't feel like I have the right words to offer, but I always read your posts. I am glad to have you as a blogging friend.

SkippyMom said...

Thank you for putting in perspective what I couldn't.

I am so ashamed of myself about whining about the pain from Lupus I seem to forget some of my tadpoles have it so much worse.

My best to you and Ron and again, I am so sorry.

Skip.

Teresa said...

Seriously, you have nothing to apologize for. You go right ahead and have a whine or two. You're entitled to have a moment of self-indulgence every once in a while. Lord knows, I have my share of them.