Friday, October 22, 2010

Pat - A View From the Edge

Ron and I had the opportunity to meet Pat and her husband Jim this evening. She is just as nice in person as she sounds in her blog. We had a great visit - I'm afraid I talked their ears off, though. Then, it suddenly dawned on me how tired they must be from driving all day and Ron was looking like he was pretty tired, so I popped up rather quickly. I'm sure I must have looked a bit odd going from talking one minute, to getting Ron out of the restaurant the next. LOL! I realized later that it must have been a bit odd.


We met at Cracker Barrel in Park City. That was relatively close to where they're spending the night and not too far for us. The worst part of the whole thing was the rain. It's no fun to load the wheelchair up in the rain. Yuk! Kind of hard to keep the electronics dry, get the chair covered, tied down, and make sure that everything is tight and secure. In the meantime, I get plenty wet doing that. Not too fun, especially since I'm not moving too fast yet.

I think we got to visit for nearly two hours, so that was nice. I hope we get to visit again the next time they're through this part of Kansas.

Pat/Jim - Be safe - take care...

4 comments:

vaspillman said...

its nice you got to meet in person! awesome! ")

SkippyMom said...

Sorry for the rain [that does suck] but how wonderful for you to get to meet!

How come I am jealous? heehee

H&L Tee!

Pat said...

Hey - I thought I told you to cut me in half in the photo! Ha ha! It was so great meeting you and Ron! We had a great time! I didn't think it was odd at all when you opted to leave; I saw how tired Ron was getting. I figured that Jim was pretty tired too, after changing a tire earlier. His back was killing him. We went back home, I popped him some pain meds and we crawled into bed and watched TV till midnight! He NEVER watches TV in bed like that - so he must have been in a lot of pain.

Again, it was so nice to see you and chat for awhile! You're as nice as can be! :)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I know from experience what a sweet couple they are! Genuine people. I am glad you got to spend time with them. I am a little jealous!