Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Having one of "those" BLAH days...

It must be in the air. I have lots to be thankful for (and I am) but today is just one of those days that has given me the "blu-hooeys" (I know, that's not a word...).

I took the day off. I'm not sick but I did have some personal business to take care of that really couldn't be done at work. I've only done part of it. Just can't get myself motivated to do the things I need to do. I need a Fairy Godmother to wave her magic wand and put my house in order - while she's at it, she can put my life in order!

I did manage to organize enough of the pantry to get the groceries in there, but don't try too hard to find a bowl or anything like that. You might end up with everything crashing down on your head.

I got my "paid for auction" package sent off, paid our water bill, put gas in my car, and went to the scrapbook store to pick up some ribbon I needed. I forgot to go buy ink for my printer, which is out of two colors and won't even let me print in black. Bummer... I'll go back out later.

I'm going to go work on Christmas cards and see if that improves my mood. I'll just not look at the stuff I should be doing instead. It will still be there tomorrow 'cause I think that "I'm" the Fairy Godmother around here.

Ya'll have a great day...

8 comments:

Kristen said...

You've done a lot!!! - Come on over to my woMAN cave (see post) and hang out!! Put your feet up. ;)

TinaM said...

You are aloud to have a blah day, I just hope it didn't last to long, and you are feeling better now! :)
Bloo-hooey SHOULD be a word... (probably spelled it wrong lol)

betty said...

I think a day off is always a good thing, even if you don't spend it the way you think you should have spent it, sometimes being spontaneous and doing what you want to do regardless is a good thing indeed!

betty

colenic said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished..but somedays you just feel blah...
I know that doing something creative is always helpful when I am feeling kinda down....hugs!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hope you'll soon be feeling a bit brighter!! You certainly seemed to get quite a bit done, even though you were having a blah day! (That will have to become a new expression - "I'm having a blah day!!). Enjoyed your blog and will now be following.

Pat said...

Write a to do list, writing down every thing you've accomplished, then cross them off the list. THAT oughta make you feel better! We all have days like this! Take it easy and hope you're in a better frame of mind tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Make something pretty and give yourself a little break! The shorter days don't help my mood one bit, coupled with the looming stress of the holidays--we all should be kinder to ourselves.

Marla said...

Wait.....what? Are you describing my life or yours?