Imagine MY surprise when I finished reading it to find that SHE had passed Petey, the Pet Rock award, over to me. Wow! I was (and still am) quite blown away! She posted that I'm dealing with some challenges right now (so true, so true) and that I am coping the best that I can (again, so true). Some of my other blogger friends are also on her friend list and said I was deserving. Wow again!!!
I had a good laugh as I was reading the rules, which were written by a man (Bruce, at JADIP, justanotherdayinparadise.blogspot.com) and I'll repeat them here so my recipient knows what to do.
- You can only give it to one Blogger in Arms (BIA)
- You must recognize the Blogger who gave it to you in at least 3 consecutive blog posts
- You can take up to 3 weeks to pass on the award, but not more than 3 weeks
- The recipient of the award must not have any more than 100 BIAs (followers
- You must update the list of names of previous recipients with your own name before passing it on (see below)
- You should give at least 3 reasons why you think your recipient deserves this award
- You can choose to NOT accept this award, but (apparently) if you do, the Bruce will come after you
Here is the Winner's Circle thus far:
Becca at http://mylife.blogspot.com/
Mynx at http://just-tish.blogspot.com/
Bouncin'Barb at http://bouncinbarbs.blogspot.com/
Thisisme at http://southhamsdarlig.blogspot.com/
Teresa at http://themiddlesideoflife.blogspot.com/
The nice part about blog hopping is that you get to "meet" so many new friends who are also friends on other blogs that you might read. I know that I've met many of my online friends by finding them on other blogs. I have had my life enriched by everyone who has stopped by to visit and those of you who have stuck around for the long haul. I thank you - each and every one of you for being my friend.
Now, after much deliberation this morning, I think I must pass this award onto Skippy over at I Make Soap.
I could list the same reasons for choosing her that This used for choosing me, but I'll try to be original and come up with my own.
- I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog and it's one of the ones I look for everyday to see if there's an update (not quite "original" but I did add to it... LOL!)
- She writes from the heart
- She faces the curve balls that life has thrown her with grace, dignity, and humor. Even when she's "down" she is never quite "out" and that is something that I greatly admire. Whenever I feel like whining and crying (which seems to be often these days), I try to remember that there are other people in this world who handle their challenges in a much more dignified way.
There you go, Skippy! I hope that your award will put a smile on your face today!