Saturday, August 6, 2011

I've (also) caught a butterfly!

Diane, over at Southamsdarling, blessed me the other day with a new award - The Butterfly Award.

To accept the award, I have to do the following:
1. Refer back to the person who gave me the award. (see above)
2. Answer the questions (below).
3. Pass it on.






Questions:

Name your favorite color: Pink and Purple

Name your favorite song: This is difficult because I love so many, but I think my current favorite is from The Oak Ridge Boys, Did I Make a Difference. You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocP23KvANA8

Name your favorite dessert: Anything with chocolate: Ice cream, cake, etc.

What whizzes you off? Liars, cheats, petty backstabbers.

Your favorite pet: Although we currently have a little Yorkie named Maisey, I think my favorite would be a Silky terrier named Missy. I was "her" human and she loved me. Someone stole her.

Black or white: Nothing is ever truly black or white.

Biggest fear: Becoming unable to continue to care for Ron at home.

Best feature: that's hard... not sure what that would be. I like to think it's generosity or kindness, but I can be a real b*tch sometimes, too.

Everyday attitude: The glass is always at least half full. I care for others and usually try to put others' needs before my own. Not always successful, but I try.

What is perfection: God's love and the love of His Son. After that, the love/kiss/embrace of my any of my grandkids. Spending time with my husband and family.

Guilty pleasure: Do they have to make me feel guilty?

Pass it on:

Green Girl in Wisconsin - as the only female in an all male household, I think she needs an award.
Kathy's Kampground Kapers - Kathy runs a great little place to visit and park your RV or just tent camp. She deals with some of the strangest people I've ever heard of. Butterfly award would be good for her.
Knees and Paws - Jenny is a very sweet lady who has the sweetest little plush accessories for kids.


If you haven't visited these blogs, I recommend that you hop right on over and pass them a visit! Be sure to let them know that I sent you along.

11 comments:

labbie1 said...

Congrats! Hope your day is as soft as butterfly wings and that you can enjoy it and heal!

orchid0324 said...

Congratulations on your award!
Reading the biggest fear,I was almoost in tears. God!!! Someone stole your dog before?
Yes, SO Beautiful and Lovely butterfly, hope it help soften your mind♬
Hugs xoxo

BB said...

Congrats on the award and great answers. Hope you're feeling better today.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Lucky you getting such a pretty award I like butterflys....like you I like the colours pink and purple and do not think things are either black or white........I am going to go and check out green girl and knees and paws.......

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Teresa - hope that each day is getting a little easier for you my friend. Congratulations on the Award, and you gave some good answers there. Your greatest fear answer made me sad. Let's hope that never happens and trust in God with that one. Can't believe that someone stole your dog. Poor little thing. That must have been awful for you. I really admire the fact that, even with all you go through, your glass is still always half full. Good on you!

Unknown said...

Thank you Teresa! I appreciate your friendship so much. And I enjoyed reading your answers to this award.

SkippyMom said...

Congrats! Funny answers.

orchid0324 said...

Hi, orchid again here.
Hope you are feeling a lot better by now and ready for the new week!!!
I wish you don't mind my answering your question in my post. Thank you very much for the comment. According to the WikipediA, eastern countries like "China, Korea, and Vietnam" are using "last name, first name order". And In Japan, family names were uncommon except among the aristocracy until the 19th century.

TAKE GOOD CARE♡♡♡ LOVE Orchid.

Libbie said...

Fun to learn a little more about you! I am with you on the chocolate :)

Silver Strands said...

Well you certainly deserve the award! And it was so fun to read about you. I'm with you on the chocolate thingy ... it's more than just a dessert, isn't it! It's like therapy for me :)

Unknown said...

Forgive me for taking so long to visit. I care for my 100 year old father 24/7/365 and I have for five years.

Some days I have all kinds of time but most days he is a handful.

I think my blog is what keeps me sane. I try to always post something humorous.

Hopefully you will visit me again.

kt