Sunday, May 17, 2009

Angels and Demons

Ron and I went to see the new Tom Hanks movie - Angels and Demons. It was excellent! I can see where it would be a bit controversial to some, but it's still a well-written piece of work and well-acted.

Tom Hanks reprises his role of Robert Langdon and this time he's called to the Vatican to help save the four cardinal who are the "chosen" ones, one of which would surely become the next pope. There's plenty of information regarding the movie in the official reviews so I won't add to it or spoil the movie.

Whereas The Da Vinci Code was a bit dragging in places, this movie was very fast-paced and the entire action took place over the span of just a short time, with the bulk of the action taking place in four hours. I own the book but haven't read it yet, but now I know that I'll need to dig it out and see how the book and movie differ. I didn't guess who the "bad guy" was until very close to the end. I was also surprised.

All in all, a great movie with good suspense, a bit bloody at times (I'm a pansy when it comes to blood), and one I'd highly recommend to anyone over 18.

No comments: