Sunday, March 2, 2008

Imagine life without...

Think for an instance how your life would be without any one person in your life. What if there were someone you'd never met, never come into contact with, and never formed a relationship with. How would that action have affected where you are and who you are today? Do you think the change would be a better life or a worse life? Do you think you'd be a better person without that relationship?

One person may have touched so many areas of your life that it's hard to imagine just how it could impact you. Maybe that one person put you in contact with something that changed your life, or your perception of another culture, or your understanding of another religion.

If I picked anyone - current friends, former acquaintances, or even those I would consider to be not a friend - I see where that person contributed something in some way to my life. I can honestly say that I would not wish to go back in time and erase those meetings or those memories, even the sad ones because they all contributed to who I am today and how I view life's challenges and obstacles.

Even the slightest meeting with someone can go on to alter the course of your life and also theirs. I thank God for all the people who have crossed my path in one form or another. I pray they also feel thankful to have known me, no matter how briefly.

No comments: