Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bone Scan

Monday, the 26th, Ron is having a bone scan; he goes in at 11:30 for the injection and then back at 1:30 for the scan. I have no idea what the scan will show or if we'll be expected to be back at the hospital for further treatment. I'm stress eating, which is my method of coping. I really need a Jill-or-Bob-type of intervention, but who, how, and HOW would that happen? LOL – having them show up at my door might just scare the beejeebers out of me but right now, I can't seem to get enough time to even to go the YMCA (which I joined last month) because every time I schedule a time to go, something comes up and I have to cancel. Keith and I were going to start this past week and then we were going to start on Monday morning, but have to do the bone scan. But… I am making a promise to myself to go starting next week. Some time, some day – my rear will be there!

My future son-in-law's mother is a nurse who works with diabetic wounds in a nursing home setting. She told Rex that she believed that Ron's foot will never heal and we're really just looking at the beginning of the end. I don't want to accept that but I'm to the point where I don't know where else to turn or what else to do. Without some sort of outside assistance, I believe that his days will not have a positive outcome. She has only really voiced what I’ve carried in my heart for a long time. I don’t really think that he’s going to get any better. I just look at him and wonder how much more can he take and how much more misery is he going to have to undergo before he is “healed” or “healed” of his illnesses. I don’t want his life to end anytime soon, but I know that he is very uncomfortable right now and with the foot refusing to heal, what kind of life does he have to look forward to? I don’t know. It’s not something we talk about as neither of us wants to upset the other.

1 comment:

Donna B. said...

It's me again...finally having the time to visit my blogging friends. DO you have any outside help? What kind of insurance does Ron have? Is it Diabetes causing all this? Can you get a home nurse to help? At some point, you might have to place him in a nursing home. If you get him the right one, (no offense to you) the treatments can be so healing, giving both of you a break.