Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The dingbat did it again

My plan for this afternoon was to pick Isaiah up at the Y (where he goes for daycare in the summer) and then go to the grocery store. Mother Hubbard's Cupboards are very bare. I told Isaiah that we were going to the store and he says, "I have another idea. How 'bout you take me to your house and then you can go to the store by yourself. I will keep Crampa company."  (Nice way to say he wants to watch cartoons with Ron.) "If you forget, I will remind you, OK?"

Great - so I told him that was actually a very good idea; we'd go home and I'd fix him and Crampa dinner and then I'd go to the store. Got home and got out some leftover pizza (from the weekend; Rex and Amy bought pizza when we were loading the moving van) to heat up for Isaiah and Ron. Got Isaiah's on the table (he likes for me to "cook his cold" which means just barely take the chill off of it). Called Isaiah to the table and I hear this, very faint, call from Ron. "Teresa, can you come here for a minute?" No indication that there is anything wrong, just can I come to the bedroom.

I go sauntering into the bedroom to hear, "I think I'm having a low blood sugar." Ugh! "Again? Why didn't you eat today? I left you stuff to eat." Took his sugar and it was 32. Better than the other night but still not great. We were seriously out of everything so the only sugar in the house was chocolate syrup for ice cream. I made him drink some of that. He didn't like it very well and wanted to know what else we had. So, I took him his pizza and he managed to eat that.

Silly man... I could smack him into next week.

Just kidding.

(no i'm not)

(yes, i really am. i don't want to go to jail for elder abuse .)

On a better note, the foot is not as bad as thought. The doctor (substitute doc) said that the regular surgeon would need to do some further surgery on it, but at least the infection isn't rampant. We're very glad for that.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I would be mad too. There are some things that just need to be done and eating is one of them!!