Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home, tired, and ready to face the week!

I had a very nice time in KC with my sister and scrapbook stuff. We went to dinner Friday night at a Mongolian BBQ place (kind of disappointed in it, but not too shabby). Saturday morning we hit a scrapbooker's dream of a garage sale. I picked up some stuff for pennies on the dollar. Had a great time. Then, we went to Archiver's and did our free stuff. I did a nice little Thank You card, a 6 x 8 page layout for a boy, and an 8 x 8 page layout for a girl. All I have to do is add some pictures and they'll be ready to add onto a 12 x 12 scrapbook page.

It was so funny when I got there because as I was looking around to see where I was going to sit, I thought I recognized someone over my right shoulder. As it registered that I really did recognize her, we both said each other's names at the same time. So funny, we live about 7 or 8 miles from each other, hadn't seen each other in over 10 years, and drove nearly 200 miles to run into each other at a scrapbook event.

I got one layout done of our anniversary dinner from last August, did a couple of layouts of Isaiah "learning" how to hit a baseball and a volley ball, a couple of pages from his birthday, and two other pages from our family reunion last September. I didn't get any Vegas or Hoover Dam pictures scrapped but I'm going to leave the stuff out on the table and work on it some this week.





3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Sounds like a wonderful time - glad you were able to get out for a few days.

i really like the last set up. simple, but Ron looks so happy - nice.

And the baseball ones are awesome - I wish I could scrapbook "(

Unknown said...

I read through part of your blog and found it interesting. You write from the heart.

I'm sorry about the health issues that you and your family have to deal with.

On the flip side, we can be thankful that you have great insurance.

Pat said...

Wow - you got a lot accomplished that weekend! The pages look great! I'm glad you had a good time - you deserved it!