Monday, May 17, 2010

That was quick...

Surgery is already over. The doctor was just out and said he was able to get a lot of the "stuff" out but predicts it will need to be done again in the near future. He's packed the wound and wants me to change it every day and re-pack it. I'm not too sure I can do that. Even as much as I've done over the past three years, that is not something I'm comfortable with. I know a physician's assistant so I wonder if she'd be willing to come over and take care of it for me. Maybe... maybe not.

I guess we'll go back to the wound clinic on Thursday and see what they say.

Thanks for the prayers.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Hope you get some rest now! Sending good thoughts........

Pat said...

Glad the surgery went well. Will this hole ever heal shut?

Nancy said...

Glad everything went well. Hope you find someone to help with the repacking of the wound.

Teresa said...

Our PA friend has never dealt with open wounds so she said she didn't feel qualified to do it. Oh well - it was worth a shot. She did say she'd be glad to come over and check his vitals and such to make sure that he's OK if I need for her to. That is nice to know because you never can tell with him.

Marla said...

Glad that is behind you for now.