Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And so it goes...

I took Ron to the infectious disease doctor this morning. All in all, it wasn’t a bad appointment but he did stretch my ever-dwindling resources a bit more. He wants Ron to see him bi-weekly and to have blood work every week. He added two more oral antibiotics to Ron’s medication regiment. One we started today and the other one we’ll start when the Levaquin is done next Thursday.

This week we had $60 in doctor visit co-pays (3 x $20) plus new medications ($25). We have to pay the co-pays at the time of service, which isn’t always convenient but I do it anyway. Next week we “only” have one co-pay to handle. Then, the week of May 5th we’ll have at least two co-pays.

I’ve missed so much work taking Ron back and forth to appointments that my paycheck was 28 hours short. Taking the extra money we’re paying out plus the money I’m not getting, and it’s very painful. Add in the rising cost of gasoline and food and we’re starting to really feel the pinch and do without some things.

I told my boss today that maybe I could go stand on a street corner and play the guitar or violin and people would pay me to stop. LOL! I don’t know how to play an instrument so it would be very bad entertainment, if you could even call it that. I need to look around the house and see what I can put up for sale on eBay. Wonder how much I’d get for Ron???

Just kidding…

No comments: