Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Up, Up, Up

Ron’s been gaining fluid weight again. He had lost 20 pounds of fluid from his last hospitalization but this morning he was back up eight. That’s eight pounds in two days. This is not a good thing as he’s also increased his Lasix from 10 mg twice a day to 20 mg twice a day, then to 40 mg in the morning, and finally to 80 mg in the morning. As much as I don’t want him to go back into the hospital, I’d rather see him go in for a couple of days if needed and have this fixed than to see him continue on another downward spiral like he did in March. His sister will be here Friday from Florida so I know he wants to be home and feeling better when she gets here.

Each time he has an episode on CHF his recovery time is increased and his chances for long-term survival are slightly diminished.

I have to stand on my faith and know that everything will work out and that God is in control.
Psalm 121: 1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

1 comment:

Humayraa said...

I'm so sorry that this is happening again. Did you take him into the hospital?