Saturday, April 5, 2008

Some improvement!

I haven't had much time this week to keep things updated so I'll post a run-down of events from my last post.

On Wednesday we went back to see Dr. Heady. He could not find where the bleeding is coming from but advised us to stop the 81 mg aspirin (which I had already done). He did do some probing into the tunnel and said it's just not healing like he wants. If it's not better by Monday then he'll probably schedule Ron for some additional irrigation and debridement on Wednesday. He wanted him to continue with the IV treatment at least through Monday. I'm sure that if he's planning on more surgery on Wednesday then he'll extend the IV treatment.

The nurse came Friday to change his wound vac dressing and do his IV. She says his foot looks really good (but she can't really examine the tunnel). He was down a couple more pounds yesterday but forgot to weigh himself this morning.

Neither of us have felt very well today so we've just been laying around watching TV. Ron has slept the better part of today (which is what he normally does) so I hope he's able to sleep tonight.

We also had our patio poured yesterday afternoon. It's under our deck and will be a great place for Isaiah to play with his cars and trucks. Amy can get a lounge chair to sit and read while he's playing. It should be great for them.

Our yard is supposed to go in on Monday. We have a drain issue still that my step-son hasn't taken care of yet. If I could figure out how to do it myself, I'd go out there tomorrow afternoon and do it. I just don't think I'm up to digging a trench to lay the tubing in. I'd rather see it done before the yard goes in because I really don't want to damage the sod, which is quite expensive.

We will see Dr. Heady again Monday morning so I'll be sure to post an update after that.

May God bless all who are reading this and praying for a good outcome for Ron. He is such an important part of our family and I hate it that he's laid up like this. He is very uncomfortable and very tired of not being able to do things.

No comments: