Sunday, August 24, 2008

Laser Lipo

Sounds intriguing, doesn’t it? My step-daughter told me there was a place here in town that does it and it didn’t seem to be too expensive, so I tried to find some more information out about it. I’d love to lose the little fat pockets that I can’t ever seem to diet off and I have some "uneven-ness" on my hips. I found out quite a bit.

I visited the local dermatology clinic and found out they don’t do this procedure and they referred me to someone else. In the course of the conversation I discovered what Stacey was talking about (non-invasive) was totally different from what he was talking about (minimally invasive). He gave me a brochure and I did some Internet research.

What he’s talking about is SmartLipo (http://www.smartlipo.com/) is one of the Web sites I found), which uses small incisions and a laser to melt the fat, then it’s suctioned away. The down time is supposed to be very little compared to traditional liposuction. I watched the “you tube” video and it didn’t look too interesting. You have to be awake during the procedure. No thank you! I don’t want to be awake for any procedure that involves incisions, lasers, and suction material. Ick, Ick, Ick!

I did call the phone number the dermatology office staff gave me to get some information (curiosity about price) but they never called me back.

In the meantime, Stacey brought over the advertisement card she’d received in the mail. I knew the address was close to where Ron goes for his orthopedic doctor so I decided to see if I could find the office and get some information on the procedure. I was able to talk to one of the doctors (he’s actually a chiropractor) right then and found out this is totally non-invasive and does involve a type of laser.

I did some more homework on the Internet. http://www.slimray.com/home.htm and http://www.laserlipotreatment.com/ are two sites I found that explained what they do and I found them to be very interesting. It’s not terribly inexpensive but nothing compared to the other laser lipo option (roughly $4,000 for the first area and then $1,000 for each area after that) or traditional liposuction. This clinic charges approximately $60 per session (30 minutes) to treat one area and less for a package of several sessions.

This system melts the fat by placing the laser electrodes on the area to be treated and then two other probes are placed over lymph nodes. The idea behind it is the laser melts the fat and the body absorbs the liquefied fat and it’s excreted with your normal waste. Each session lasts for 30 minutes and the areas to be treated can take 2-3 treatments each.

The clinic I talked to said if you’re at the end of your package and you’ve not achieved the results you wanted (some get quicker results than others) they’ll continue to give you treatments (at no additional charge) until you’re satisfied with the results. They have some other things that will help speed up the inch loss.

Hmmm…. Sounds like a deal for me. Painless inch loss to go along with the weight loss I’m already working on. LOL! Probably not. Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is.

While I’m at it, brown age spot removal seems like a good idea. This also uses a laser and takes 1-3 treatments. I did have one of these treatments. It did burn a little bit and the spot actually got darker. It’s a good thing he warned me about that or I would have been freaking out. He said that it will slough off as dead skin and the reason it gets darker first is because the laser is bringing all the pigmentation to the surface. Because I’m so light skinned, it was easy to target just the area that I wanted treated. I scheduled a second treatment for five weeks from now.

I’m anxious to see what my final results will be.

No comments: