Thursday, March 26, 2009

400 calories

I bought miniature powdered sugar-covered doughnuts tonight. There are 24 doughnuts in the bag; the serving size is 4 doughnuts and 200 calories. The thought was that Isaiah liked these and I was thinking about getting him a treat when I picked them up.

I ate one; Ron at NINE! And that's only because I took the bag away from him. When I said what the serving size is, and the amount of calories, he said, "woo... that's 400 calories that I've eaten today."

I asked him why he'd only eaten 400 calories today and he said "there wasn't anything to eat."

If I hadn't been hungry, I would have tossed my dinner and left the room. He made me so mad! I showed him (again) the other day (after hearing the "there's nothing to eat" comment too many times) where things were. I had moved stuff from the pantry to the lazy susan and cabinet so he could get to them easier - and made it a point to show him where things were. There's canned soup, canned chili, canned fruit, and vegetables. In the freezer there are lean pocket sandwiches, single serving packages of frozen vegetables, and several other things.

I cannot believe he had the audacity to say there wasn't anything to eat. Well, he's right if he thinks there wasn't any chips, or cookies, or soda, or candy that he could have gotten to. There wasn't fresh fruit, but there was canned and frozen. He didn't have any money in his account to order pizza (or p'zone) so in his mind, there wasn't any food.

I'm sick to death of it. I realize I'm no Susie-homemaker, but I'm doing the best I can. I do have just a little bit on my mind. I know he really misses Jenny because she kept snacks and stuff in the house the month she was here (that's not the only reason but she did get him any snack food that he wanted and an extra large diet limeade almost every day). She spent a lot of money on snacks and Ron really enjoyed it. LOL - she spoiled him!! I don't really know what else I can do or how I can change things. He really doesn't see how he stresses me over the things he says and does.

I think if he doesn't get a clue and shut up, one of us is going to be really sorry because one of us is going to say things that might be regretted later.

Wouldn't know who that might be though.

No comments: