Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I declare you healed!"

Dr. Heady thought he'd never see the day where he could say that. Today, we didn't even get a bandage. He put a post-op shoe on Ron's foot and sent us to the orthotics office to have an insert made for his shoe.

He's allowed "some" walking, but instructed to not overdo it. That's good for me as that means he can walk around in the house. Tonight I had to take him for a sleep study so it was nice that I didn't have to load and unload the scooter. This will definitely give my back a break.

I noticed when I got back home though that he had lost the cushion out of the "shoe" so I don't know if it will cause any problems or not. Thankfully, he won't be walking much tonight as he'll be hooked up to monitors. When I go get him in the morning I'll take the cushion with me so I can put it back in the shoe before we put it on his foot.

We go back to the doctor in 2.5 weeks. That is a change, for sure.

A very welcome change.

No comments: