Friday, March 6, 2009

I’m getting grayer by the minute…

We received a telephone call at 5:30 this morning to learn that my sister-in-law, Vicki, had a terrible car accident last night. As far as I know now, she’s currently undergoing surgery to repair a broken hip, broken ankle (on her opposite leg), and possibly broken vertebrae. I don’t know if the hip she broke is the same one she had replaced a few years ago, or if it’s the other one. She and another car hit head-on.

It was such a shock to get that phone call and then have to be the one to relay the information on to Elana and Dana. Vicki couldn't remember anyone's telephone number except ours. I was quite stunned to get a phone call from someone I didn't know at 5:15 in the morning but very glad that Vicki was able to get someone to call us.

I think I need to start this week over again – with a better outcome, please.

No comments: