Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The agony of “defeat” (the feet)!

I must say that DH’s foot condition is really getting to me. I’m struggling this morning with what definitely has to be a case of depression. I could just cry. I have to keep reminding myself that we are blessed; God is in control, the situation could be much worse, etc.

I changed his bandage this morning and nearly lost it. It was all I could do to not gag, especially since I don’t want him to know how worried I am or how bad it looks. It’s bad enough that one of us is losing sleep over his foot (although last night Prince Tylenol PM helped me out a lot). It no longer smells like rotting flesh, but the definite blackness of the bottom of his foot screams “dead” to me. The nurses at the wound clinic also thought he had necrosis going on.

His foot didn’t bleed too much over the course of yesterday and last night, but we also had a pretty thick bandage on it. The silver/alginate pad they used dissolved a bit leaving behind a thick, gooey mess. It was nasty.

If you read this, and you’re a praying person, please pray for us. God is still in the miracle business and I believe in the power of prayer.

No comments: