Friday, February 15, 2008

A “staff” of “staph”

The trip to the wound clinic was pretty uneventful but they did notice that he’s got more redness and swelling along the lateral edge of his foot. They asked me if it was better or worse than yesterday and it’s definitely worse. The dressing and the diaper (I’m using diapers outside of the dressing to keep the bed from getting ruined) were both pretty saturated with drainage and it had only been 24 hours since it had been changed.

The culture showed that he has staph infection in the foot so they started him on Bactrim today. I’m to take him to the emergency room this weekend if he gets worse and keep our appointment with the doctor on Monday. There’s no chance I’d miss that appointment!

He has been acting very strange the past few days so I asked if it was because of the infection but the doctor didn’t think so. He’s slow to respond to sentences and asks inappropriate questions. The questions make sense, but they are not related to the topic of discussion at the time. He’s moving very slowly and can’t finish a thought.

After I took him home, I made a trip to the medical supply pharmacy and picked up the toilet rails and the bed rails. $117 later I hope they work for him. We still haven’t heard if the floor bar and trapeze have been approved by the insurance. They’re too expensive for me to purchase outright.

I know there are a lot of people praying for him so I’m looking forward to being able to post praise soon!

1 comment:

Umm Ibrahim said...

Wow... I read through this post and the previous few also. I didn't realise things were so bad. :( I pray that things improve for you dh. Take care - Umm Ibrahim (from mmc)