Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is white good or is white bad?

I know that if the skin is black (or dark) that it is a bad thing. But, what if it is white? I changed Ron's dressing this morning and noticed that inside the hole there is a white spot. Overall, the hole looks better than it did last week. But is it healing or is it dying around it? I just don't know. I'm using Carrasyn on Adaptic, followed by 4 x 4 pads and wrapped with Kerlix.

I don't know what else to do with it. He's not walking much so "staying off of it" is pretty much already happening. Mostly, he walks from the bedroom to the living room, from the living room to the bathroom, and then from the living room to bed at night. He may do some light walking in between to the kitchen, out to the car if we're going somewhere, and very little else. He doesn't want to go back to the wheelchair full-time but he may have to. Dr. Heady may insist when we see him on Monday.

He asks me "how does it look" and I always project the positive. No sense in both of us worrying. I do tell him to stay off of it as much as possible.

That, in addition to prayer, is all I think I can do.

No comments: