Sunday, June 21, 2009

Luther Joe

I found out yesterday that my cousin Luther Joe passed away. This saddens me on two levels - one, because I am unsure of where he was in the Lord, and two, because he was such a man of great strength and character.

Luther Joe was my mother's first cousin and although I don't remember him growing up, I remember his presence at family reunions and what a big BIG man he was - the epitome of the man who seemed to be able to do anything. Luther Joe and Linda (his wife) farmed and raised horses. They were a couple who just seemed to radiate strength and vitality.

A couple of years ago, my mom told me that he had Parkinson's disease and that he had been hiding it for a while. It was sad to think of a man of such stature wasting away from the ravages of disease. I know he will be missed by those whose lives he touched.

No comments: