Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Total frustration

I don't know how else I can make pill taking for Ron any easier. I got a new pill dispenser that has the days clearly marked. You can't get to the evening pills without spilling the morning pills so I thought it would be something that he could manage.

He still routinely takes the wrong day's pills and tonight he tried to take Thursday morning's pills instead of Tuesday evening's pills. I am just to the point of being about ready to scream. What will work? Why can't he figure it out? I don't know. Is it his kidneys? His heart? His brain? How many more trips to the doctor and to the hospital is he going to have to suffer through?

I've tried to find an automatic pill dispenser that I can afford and that I think he can work. Most of the ones I've seen look like they'll have the same problem that I'm facing now - the print is too little. I've thought of bagging each dose of medicine up in a baggie and labeling it REALLY BIG what day of the week and if it's morning or evening dose. I don't know if that will work either but I may resort to that if I have to.

All I know for sure is that this can't go on as it's currently going.

No comments: