Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to work

Wow! That six week reprieve from work went by so fast that it seemed like I was only off for a few days. Of course, it didn't help that Ron was in the hospital for several days during it. I had planned on taking some time just for me to go get a facial, have my hair done, or do something - anything - that didn't involve anyone but me. But, I didn't make it.

I had mixed emotions about returning to work. I love my job and I work with a great bunch of people but I also would like to not have to work. I know that's not a feasible reality unless I win the lottery or something. Wait... I'd actually have to play the lottery first so that's not an option. {sigh} Maybe some other way but I doubt it.

God gave me the ability and the talent to work so it's my responsibility to use the gifts that He's given me. It was nice for some of the folks I work with to notice that I've lost a lot of weight. I'd lost most of this before my LOA but with seeing me every day, they didn't realize I had. I guess that not seeing me for so long made them realize I was smaller.

I'm down 35+ pounds and have another 35 or so to go. I'd like to lose 50 more but that is really stretching it and something that is not feasible.

I've been neglecting the blog lately. Not because I don't want to blog, but because I go to sit down and something else crops up. Then I forget about it and think I'll get to it later. Later has a habit of not showing up for a while. I had some really interesting and witty stuff to write that I've managed to forget. I'm thinking that my busy life may have something to do with that. Oh well... it will come back or it won't.

No comments: