Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is it still Saturday?

Ron's had some issues today with his memory. We got up and around this morning and he wanted to go to Lowe's. We have been depending on others to mow our yard (and not having much luck, I might add) so he decided we were going to get a riding mower. It's not a great financial burden but one that I had to think about for a while. Instead of having our Lowe's card nearly paid off, I would be adding the price of a mower to it. But it also has it's advantages in that we can be responsible for it ourselves. Ron says he can drive it but I think not. His reflexes are too slow and if it were to get stuck or tip, he'd have no way to protect himself. It will probably be me.

When we got home from Lowe's he fell asleep in his chair. When he woke up Amy and Isaiah had gone to a friend's house and since they were gone he asked me where they were. I told him. He went back to sleep. In the meantime, his older daughter called because she was going to bring her riding mower over and do the yard but said it was cutting crooked and she'd just use our push mower. I told her that we had a rider coming tomorrow and if she would just come over then to show me how to do it, that would be great. Ron said that was a good idea (he was on the extension) because he didn't want her pushing the mower in the heat this afternoon.

He goes back to sleep and slept for 2-3 hours. When he woke up he asked me why Stacey was coming over tomorrow and didn't she have to work on Monday? I said that tomorrow was Sunday, not Monday. He says, "Oh." I told him that we had just gone to Lowe's and he had talked to Stacey. I had also talked to Danny, the man from church who has been mowing our yard, to find out what size his mower was. Ron knew I talked to Danny.

Ron went back to sleep for a while and I watched TV. When he woke up he asked me if Isaiah was downstairs playing. No, he's with Amy. "Oh."

He went back to sleep. I watched TV. Danny brought over dinner tonight for us. The church had a dinner tonight and we were supposed to go. Since Ron was not feeling quite the thing today, and I was kind of busy (and forgot until it was too late), we didn't go. While Danny was here, Ron asked him what size his mower was.

Obviously there's something going on that we're not aware of. Well, one of us isn't aware of it anyway... The other one is well aware.

No comments: